Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy (a little early) New Year!!!!!!!!!

So we leave behind 2007 and welcome 2008 with open arms.

Today my dad came up to see me and my sisters and take us out to lunch. We were talking about this year being over soon, and he asked if we had gotten our time capsules put together. We all laughed and we knew he was joking, but I can't help but think about it. I mean, if I had put together a time capsule what would have been in it? Well there are many things I might want to consider.

And yet I can't think of anything material. There are thoughts I might want, ideas that never became more than that, things I wanted to do that never turned into a real object. Stories I wrote, or even just thought of would also be there. People I've met, conversations I've had. There are so many things that I would want to remember that I can't even remember in detail now.

Maybe if it were possible I would just want to put in the general emotion from this year. Overall I believe I just spent a lot of time thinking. I didn't put a lot into action, and I definitely didn't read as much as I thought I would.

So here's my question. What would you have put into a time capsule for 2007? What are the things from this year that you want to remember for the rest of yours lives? Or maybe even things that you don't want to think about now that you want to remember later on in life? (There you go, I could think of a lot of those) Were there books you read, people you met, conversations you had, gifts you received, stories you wrote, or anything that you might want to remember? There are so many things, and I believe that over the next week I'm going to think about those things, I'll write them down, and a week into 2008 I will post my official time capsule for 2007. I challenge anyone who reads my blog to do the same.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
2008 is here!!!!
Lets hope it's as great as 2007 was!!!!

No comments: