Monday, May 16, 2011

Maiah's Imagination

I wrote this about a week ago... I was bored and it was raining. I wanted something to write about and so I started this. I think I kind of like this and may even take it further.

Maiah stared out the fogged up window, focusing on the raindrops as they rolled slowly down the glass. The dark sky was full of clouds to the point that she didn't think there was room for any more air below them; a single breath would cause the entire planet to pop. She imagined the blue and green sphere expanding slo9wly as it filled with the breaths of human and animal alike. As trees and buildings flashed past her outside, she imagined the inflated earth popping like a large balloon, pieces flying everywhere, coming to rest on other planets and stars.

Sometimes, Maiah was accused of letting her mind get away from her. Then she would imagine it flying away in a blue sky full of sunshine and scattered with bright white clouds. The only thing tethering it to her would be a kite string, thin and nearly invisible. Any number of things could break that string, rendering her completely incapable of ever retrieving a sane thought again.

These were the things that Maiah thought about as she looked out the window of her family's little car.

That's all I have about Maiah right now, but she intrigues me. There will most likely be more about her in the not-so-distant future. I'm considering adding her to my novel... Which I haven't worked on in a while. Bad Madi.

No comments: