Monday, May 16, 2011

Untitled Sarcasm Piece

When you walk into the room
I always get excited to hear
your latest stories.
I drop everything,
no problem really.
I wasn't doing anything important.
I'm sure everyone in the room
would love to listen too,
so speak up.
Your haircut was the highlight
of my week,
I cried when you dropped your pen
and was inspired when
he picked it up for you.
I was filled with
anger and disppointment
when you lost a point on the test
and incredibly jealous
when your mom bought
you Coke flavored chapstick.
Are you sure nothing else
happened today?
You don't have any more
exciting tales to tell?
Well that just sucks.
I guess we will all
have to wait until tomorrow
when you can tell us about the ice
you scraped off your windshield
and the gum stuck to your shoe.
The suspense is killing me.

This piece combines a bunch of (one sided) conversations that I have had with people about pointless things. Also for Creative Writing. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.

1 comment:

Mary Lauren said...

Yes, I do sense the sarcasm here... I love it!